1. Tell us about what you’ll be presenting at Expand North Star 2023?
Our fully customizable and adaptable online learning and training platform. With Lightbulb EdTech’s award-winning and innovative software, we make it easy for organizations to equip their employees with the right knowledge and skills they need to succeed, wherever they are in the world. We are planning to demonstrate our innovations and experience within our EdTech sector and showcase our solutions to the various delegates.
2. What makes your product or service truly unique and why will investors, VCs, incubators, accelerators, and show visitors love it?
Lightbulb's key competitive advantage lies in its multi-device accessibility, with a strong emphasis on mobile devices. This feature is crucial for adoption, especially in mobile-first markets where users predominantly rely on their mobile phones as their primary or preferred means of accessing learning content. As well as our ability to fully customize each platform as per our client’s desires/needs.
3. Are you planning to launch any products or services, demonstrate any technologies, or sign any partnerships during the show? Please provide details to help us amplify your presence.
We are open to it and looking for possible partnerships.
4. Which sectors will grow significantly in the start-up ecosystem in 2024 and why are investors looking at these sectors?
Health Tech and Fintech, health tech had relatively low growth pre the pandemic. But has since seen a boom. Fintech, although hurt by macroeconomic factors, is expected to rebound in the near future.
5. Which regions do you believe will thrive the most in raising funds for their start-ups in 2024 and why?
Africa enjoyed a fertile environment for tech entrepreneurs due to its youthful and growing population, rising internet penetration, and the application of emerging technologies. The report also found that the number of African tech start-ups securing funding experienced exponential growth between 2015 and 2020, growing nearly six times faster than the global average.
6. How important is the Middle East and Africa for your business, and what is your growth strategy in the region for the coming years? We are proud of our African roots and our close connection with the people we serve. Our innovation reflects their needs and aspirations. We have grown rapidly in the past year, reaching new markets in seven provinces across South Africa and expanding our presence in Tanzania. We are not stopping there. We have ambitious plans to scale up even more in the near future. We also see great potential in the Middle East, where tech and infrastructure are booming. We are eager to explore the opportunities that this region offers and to make a positive impact there.
7. In which ways can AI help startups reach new levels of efficiency and excellence and how is the world’s next big tech shift supporting the growth of companies in your industry?
In the realm of startups, the transformative power of AI shines through, breathing unprecedented efficiency into operations. By skillfully automating repetitive tasks, diligently analyzing data for precious insights, and crafting personalized customer experiences, AI becomes the invaluable ally of ambitious ventures. Beyond the realm of mere efficiency, it artfully streamlines marketing endeavors, while its touch perfects the very essence of product development.
8. How do you see the regulations for fast-growing digital sectors such as finance/banking and Web 3.0 services, and how do you believe startups should prepare for it?
In the fast-growing digital sectors of finance/banking and Web 3.0 services, regulations serve as protectors of consumers and system integrity. For startups entering these fields, being well-informed and proactive about evolving regulations is crucial. By prioritizing data privacy and security and embracing compliance as an asset, startups can pave the way for sustainable growth through cooperative relationships with regulators.
Get in touch with Expand North Star Press Office at email@example.com for media inquiries